1 Saturday per month
10 months / 3 terms
October 2017 to July 2018:
Saturday 7 Oct, 4 Nov, 2 Dec, 6 Jan, 3 Feb, 3 March, 21 April, 12 May, 2 June, 7 July
9.00am – 11.00 am
Led by Emma Gregory supported by invited guest tutors
This 1 year course responds to the demand for approaches to developing content
Rare insights into the practices of working artists stimulate expand provoke.
A year of professional development. This course is about you as an artist. It is also about ‘research’ and the concept of research within a visual arts practice. The course will support you whilst you acknowledge and deconstruct your own research practice.
The course will provide you with other models of visual arts research allowing you to learn from them and perceive your own practice within a wider context. It will include practical workshop looking at how to write convincing and accessible copy about your own practice.
This one year course is a series of monthly seminars, talks and workshops. You will also be given (deceptively simple) tasks to do at home or in the studio in between times. During the course you will:
- Become more conscious of the issues and interests at the heart of your practice
- Develop a deeper understanding of what the research element is within your practice, and what you need to sustain it
- Achieve more confidence in relation to exposure and discussion in relation to your own work
- Meet a group of like-minded individuals who are at a similar stage in their development as artists
- Accept that feeling ‘all at sea’ may be part of what it means to be practicing as an artist
- Feel more light hearted about the future!