Spike Print Studio’s – £40K for 40 Years Appeal to upgrade studio equipment.
2016 was our 40th year anniversary and we urgently need to upgrade a range of well used screen printing and etching equipment. New and upgraded equipment is vital to our ability to run our learning programme & community projects and to help people produce exciting, cutting edge and creative prints. £40K will do the trick!
Spike Print Studio is a charity, meaning that everything we earn goes straight back into the studio. No shareholders, no-one profiting personally. The studio does not receive any funding from local authority, lottery or government grants and we rely totally on our own endeavours to raise income from membership fees, courses and commission from print sales.
Our members have undertaking various challenges to raise money and these include:
- Individual challenges: supper club, bake a cake sale
- Meet the Maker evenings: small groups of fee paying public meet a printmaker
- Plan Chest sale of prints: an opportunity to sell remaining editions of members’ prints
- Sale of Artists Proofs
- Race against the clock – 24 hour print marathon live on you-tube
- Running in Bristol 10K Marathon May 2016
Fundraising Target: £40,000
- Rebuild acid area including new sinks and extraction; black out blinds, labour & materials £18,000
- New large polymetal press £6000
- Screenprinting bed (medium) £3822
- Portable Screenprinting bed x 2 (small) £3528
- Larger Washout booth & backlight (screenprinting) £2,500
- Laser cutter £4000
- Digital projector for learning programme £1000
- Portable presses and equipment for outreach work in the community
Why support SPS?
We are the largest open access print studio in the South West with extraordinarily talented staff and members. We are committed to delivering a studio where print can unfold creative opportunities and inspiration for all. The studio is accessible to anyone once a satisfactory skill level has been reached. Membership brings its own rewards and benefits from working in a stimulating and supportive environment where new members can find themselves working alongside professional artists or visiting artists in a place that celebrates difference – a place for everyone’s way of working.
We believe in the transformative power of art and its ability to influence and improve communities. This core value drives our work with young people, and we strive to provide access and opportunities to graduates, students and school pupils in all our endeavours.
We constantly have to upgrade equipment and currently we are reaching the end of a cycle for some important pieces of kit. We also want to invest in new items that will enhance the learning programme and will naturally be of great benefit to members and other studio users.
Help us raise funds for the studio by donating below! All payments are securely handled by Paypal