Saturdays: 6 October, 3 November, 1 December, 5 January, 2 February, 2 March, 6 April, 11 May, 1 June, 6 July
9 – 11am
Led by Emma Gregory supported by invited guest tutors
This year long course responds to the demand for approaches to developing content.
Think of it as a year of professional development. This course is about you as an artist. It is also about ‘research’ and the concept of research within a visual arts practice.
Once a month the group will meet for a seminar, talk or workshop. The tone of the course is serious and playful. You will also be given (deceptively simple) tasks to do at home or in the studio between times. During the course you will:
- become more conscious of the issues and interests at the heart of your practice
- develop a deeper understanding of what the research element is within your practice, and what you need to sustain it
- achieve more confidence in relation to exposure and discussion in relation to your own work
- meet a group of like-minded individuals who are at a similar stage in their development as artists
- accept that feeling ‘all at sea’ may be part of what it means to be practicing as an artist
- feel more light hearted about the future!